Welcome Family Voices in Australia
The Cost of Mould Removal in Ballarat
How to Choose the Right Aircon Cleaning Service on the Sunshine Coast
The Netherlands Flag – History & Facts
Solar Panels In Toowoomba: How They Are Saving You Money
Air Conditioning Cleaning Brisbane: How They Are Saving Businesses Money
Bar Tables: How They Are The New Trend In Home Decor
Reasons To Hire The Best Mould Doctor In Sunshine Coast
Introducing The Veterinarian In Bunbury
The Importance Of Taking Your Pet To The Vet Eaton
How To Sand a Floor – Everything You Need to Know
The Importance Of Finding A Reputable Dishwasher Repair Company In Guildford
Family Voices in Australia is a national organisation that supports families with children who have a disability or chronic medical condition.
Family Voices in Australia is a national organisation that supports families with children who have a disability or chronic medical condition. We provide information, “advice and support to families, and advocate for their rights. “
We know that raising a child with a disability or chronic medical -condition can be challenging. We also know that families are the experts on their own children, and that they are best placed to make decisions about their care.
We work with families to help them navigate the health system, and to make sure that their voices are heard. We also work with policy- makers and service providers to make sure that families’ needs are met.
We know that when families are supported , children with disabilities and chronic medical conditions can thrive.
Why support us
Family Voices is a national grassroots organization that works to ensure that families of children and young people with disabilities or chronic illnesses have a strong and united voice in shaping policies and services that affect their lives.
We collaborate with families in order to:
- Increase their ability to participate in policy and decision-making processes by increasing their capacity and confidence
- Provide them with disability and health-related information
- Help them make connections with other families, professionals, and organizations
- Promote systemic change on a local, state/territory, and national level.
All families of children and young people with disabilities or chronic conditions, in our vision, will have the knowledge, skills, power, and confidence to:
- Make educated decisions about their children’s health, education, and overall well-being
- Take part in policy and decision-making processes that have an impact on their lives
- Get the help and resources they need to care for their children at home.
The following principles guide our work:
- Families know everything there is to know about their children’s lives.
- Families have a right to participate in all decisions that affect the lives of their children.
- Families must be treated with respect, dignity, and courtesy.
- Information, services, and support should be available to all families in an equitable manner.
- Families should be assisted in developing the skills and confidence necessary to participate in policy and decision-making processes.